Happy New Years lovelies! Today, we wanted to give you a little bit of what we do best…celebrating the prettiest moments, the sparkliest ideas, the inspiration that vendors we love are crafting. And this Rustic but Glam dinner party – from Milou + Olin Photography & Artsy Heartsy Events – is nothing if not Styled Pretty. Plus a fun Get the Look that includes a handful of Must-Have items for 2014!
For this lovely styled shoot from Artsy Heartsy Events, the inspiration was a romantic New Year’s celebration with a bohemian edge. Metallic gold, brass, and silver help add a festive touch, while dark, rich colors like cocoa and burgundy lend some romance to this winter event. The flowers and table settings are a bit organic and overgrown – an artsy mix of airplants, succulents, and architectural sculptures.
So many elements are DIY friendly, such as our gold glitter-filled hanging ornaments, chalkboard “cheers”, and carafes with festive party slogans. Our hip little bar cart is perfect for serving a slew of sparkling drinks, and fuchsia and gold flowers add fun a punch of color on top (don’t flowers always make a “get-together” more of a “special event”?).
Loving the masculine but glam vibe as much as we are? Well let us break it down for you so that you can steal every last detail for your next dinner party.
1. Peonies. You can actually get rich, pink peonies in January people! Check out Whole Foods – which is where we found ours – or Fifty Flowers for a gorgeous selection.
2. Dinnerware. We basically stalked West Elm to find the pieces that the girls used in their table above. And this black dinnerware had our hearts a flutter. Add to that a bit of gold glammed up napkins and voila. Rustic, masculine, utterly chic.
3. Gold Flatware. Umm, if you don’t have this already, this is your 2014 splurge. I use it literally every time I have a dinner party. And sometimes when it’s just me!
4. Succulents & Airplants. The key here is hiring a floral designer that knows their succulents. Because the centerpieces in the original table are architectural, oh so unique and just plain fabulous…clearly from the eye of a pro designer. Can’t swing it? We found this arrangement on Lamps Plus (oddly enough). Or hit up your local botanical garden and give yourself permission to play.
5. The Gold Target Bar Cart. Along with West Elm’s gold flatware, mark my words, this will be the best buy for 2014. It’s perfection…on a budget.
6. Gold rimmed glasses. Own them, love them, can use them in every tablesetting no matter what the vibe or style. So worth it.
7. Gold paper striped straws. Just plain fun. Because every cocktail seems special when sipped thru one of these babies.
8. My favorite part of this table are the antler placecards. They are so chic, so cute. And who better to ask than Meredith Carty…the girl who made them? Yep, she sells them in packs of 6 so snatch them up while you can!
9. Metallic Ombre Wine Glasses. Love.
10. Gold Votive Holders. I have a stack of 12 of these and I love them. Tucked in and around flower centerpieces gives off a soft, pretty glow that instantly makes your space feel warmer and more intimate.
11. Gold Sequined Table Runner. Because this is Style Me Pretty. And what’s a good tablescape without a bit of gold glitter!?
12. Gold Leaf Pen. Use this baby to personalize your space. Signage for your bar, branding on glass bottles, names on glasses, the options are endless!
Photography: Milou & Olin | Event Design: Artsy Heartsy Events | Event Planning: Amazon | Floral Design: Scarlett & Grace | Florals: Girlfriends Put Them Together | Cakes: Etsy.com | Invitations: Xhilaration | Makeup: Something Blue By Kaci Stoots | Beatnik Studios: N/a | Beauty: Lamps Plus | Bridal Salon: House Of Fashion | Decor: Koyal Wholesale | Gowns: Maggie Sottero | Graphic Design: Meredith Carty Design | Hair Styling: Honey Salon | Linens: La Tavola | Rentals: Classic Party Rentals | Tabletop: West Elm | Vendor: The Bride's Aunt & Grandmother