Pop the bubbly and start the countdown because 2013 is about to come to a close. If you’re looking for a festive last minute drink to serve at your New Year’s Eve party, look no further. Spicy ginger beer mixed with sweet sparkling Prosecco is a light and refreshing flavor match made in heaven. And because New Years Eve is the fanciest of all holidays, we topped our cocktails with cotton candy, edible gold star sprinkles, and ground ginger.
Guests can choose to snack on their ginger cotton candy garnish or swirl it into their drinks for added sweetness. Now let’s all raise our Ginger & Prosecco filled glasses to a fun and festive New Year Eve. Cheers! XO, Leah
|cook time||total time|
- Prosecco or Champagne - chilled
- Ginger Beer- chilled
- white cotton candy
- edible gold star sprinkles- available at Michaels or cake supply stores
- ground ginger
- sanding sugar
- In a small dish mix 3 Tbs sanding sugar with 1 tsp ground ginger and set aside.
- To rim champagne flutes, dip in ginger beer and then in the ginger-sugar mixture.
- Fill champagne flutes 1/3 of the way full with ginger beer and then slowly top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with a small puff of cotton candy. Sprinkle with more ground ginger and a pinch of edible gold star sprinkles. Enjoy!
Recipe & Photography: Freutcake