While champagne is all well and good on New Years Eve, why not consider surprising your guests this year with something a little unexpected. Hello!Lucky whipped up this rosemary cocktail for their West Elm New Years party and the results are simply astounding. Equally as lovely, equally as celebratory, and just a little off the beaten path.
- 1/4 cup Fresh Rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Club Soda
- To make the simple syrup, grind 1/4 cup of rosemary in a food processor or coffee grinder
- Place 1/2 cup water in a pot & bring to boil
- Dissolve 1/2 cup sugar & rosemary paste into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. (Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick.)
- Allow to cool completely (it will thicken as it cools).
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces of gin into a cocktail shaker with 3/4 ounces of rosemary syrup, & a squeeze of lemon juice. Fill remainder with club soda.
- Shake well, pour, and garnish with rosemary!