What’s better than popcorn? Answer… my chocolate candy cane popcorn of course! Festive popped corn topped with melted milk and white chocolate sprinkled with crushed candy cane is the perfect, and easy, holiday treat that I guarantee you’ll be eating long past December. Truly, Waiting On Martha
- 3/4 cup popcorn seeds
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Cane
- In a stock pot pour in vegetable oil so it just covers the bottom of the pot. Add popcorn seeds, cover and turn burner on high. As popping begins make sure to shake the pot a few times to stir up the popping seeds.
- Once full popped remove from burner and transfer popcorn into two large mixing bowls and let sit.
- In a small microwavable bowl add white chocolate chips and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave an additional 30-45 seconds. **When melting chocolate the chips will not full melt until you stir or whisk. Do not let your chocolate cook until chips are melted as chocolate burns easily and quickly.** Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- With a fork sprinkle melted chocolate on popcorn mixing at least once. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Repeat above steps with the milk chocolate.
- Let sit uncovered until chocolate hardens.