When it comes to holiday entertaining, I prefer low maintenance cocktail recipes. Who wants to shake up individual cocktails and baste the turkey every 30 minutes? Certainly not this lady! That’s why a pitcher of Pomegranate-Cranberry Sparklers will be holding court on my bar cart all season long. Keep a pitcher of chilled Pomegranate Cranberry Orange juice on hand in the fridge and top it with a splash of champagne or sparkling wine anytime guests come to call. How simple, and festive, was that? For more great recipes & entertaining ideas, head on over to my blog, Freutcake!
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
- Orange Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- Juice of one large orange
- Chilled Champagne
- FOR THE ORANGE SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional but highly recommended)
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel orange rind in long strips and set aside. (You only want the orange portion of the rind only, not the bitter white pith)
- In a small saucepan combine orange rind, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool completely. Remove orange rind and discard. Chill simple syrup until you are ready to use it.
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- In a pitcher combine orange simple syrup, pomegranate juice, cranberry juice and orange juice. Stir to combine and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve the cocktail add a few pomegranate seeds to each champagne flute. Fill flutes 1/3 of the way full with juice mixture. Top with champagne.
Recipe & Photography: Freutcake