We spotted this beauty of a cocktail – or I should say mocktail that is begging for some vodka – tucked inside this beautiful party. We, of course, had to have it so the lovely Buffy Dekmar & Simply Charming Socials sent us the recipe that she originally found on Use Real Butter. And thank goodness for such a good recipe because we’ve already made it twice and are about to start the next batch.
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 4 tbs (1/4 cup) culinary lavender (for pink, choose Hidcote variety)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 2 cups cold water
- Steep the lavender in boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain and discard the lavender.
- Put lavender tea and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the cold water. Add more to taste. Serve over ice!