It’s Halloween! Which means that the leaves are all sorts of pretty, the kids are giddy and there is just a general sense of happy in the air. What better way to bring a smile to your family’s face than with a little Pancakes for Dinner fun. And now that you’re well versed in the Best Pancakes Ever, it’s a no brainer. Okay. I see your point. Sugar + Sugar + Kids = Scary. So save these Praline Pancakes for a rainy day when Fall feels just too good to let go of. I promise they are worth every last calorie.
- 1 recipe for Best Pancakes Ever
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Toast the pecan halves in a dry skillet over medium/high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in maple syrup, heavy cream, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir over medium heat until desired thickness is reached. The longer you cook, the thicker and meatier it will be.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter, vanilla and the toasted pecans. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Top pancakes with your praline sauce and try not to eat them all before your family arrives!
- For a more "syrupy" version, increase your liquids (cream, syrup) to 1 cup each. You might need to simmer this variety a bit longer.