After watching the last UnReal feature we were feeling inspired. To give one of our favorite treats an at-home makeover. And while I wouldn’t exactly call these healthy, they use simple ingredients that you can actually spell and that you can most likely find in your pantry already. This recipes is for peanut butter cups but we also made a few with caramel for my son that turned out smashing, leading us to believe that the options here are kind of endless!
|cook time||total time|
- 2 cups chocolate chips (any combo, we liked 1 cup semi sweet + 1 cup dark)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (any variety, we used honey roasted)
- 4 TBS powdered sugar
- 1 TBS melted butter
- 12 cupcake wrappers
- Melt your chocolate chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, blend your peanut butter, powdered sugar and melted butter together. Place in fridge to chill.
- Spoon a very small amount of chocolate into each of your cupcake wrappers, about 1 tsp. If you need to, drop the liner on a table a few times to level the chocolate out and spread it across the whole wrapper.
- Place chocolate filled wrappers in fridge to let chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove chocolate and peanut butter from fridge. Form small patties with your peanut butter and place on top of the chocolate. Use as much or as little as you want, but make sure that it spreads across most of the chocolate, leaving a small edge free of peanut butter.
- Add another tsp of melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter. You may have to gently reheat it to make it easier to spread. Use as much as you need to completely cover the peanut butter.
- Place in fridge and let completely set, at least 30 minutes.