I don’t know about you, but I’m always on the hunt for appetizers that are not only easy to whip up, but look lovely to boot (I’m all about the pretty my dears!) I’m thinking that Wiley Valentine‘s guest and fellow foodie Reenie’s farmers market inspired recipe for chilled fresh pea soup is just the ticket. It’s bold, it’s colourful, and I’m confident it would be a sure crowd pleaser.
- 2 Shallots - Chopped
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Fresh Peas - Shucked
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/3 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 24 Fresh Peas
- 8 Society Garlic Blossoms (Optional)
- FOR THE SOUP:
- Saute Shallots and Olive Oil in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add Peas and continue to simmer about 2 minutes.
- Puree until smooth, place soup in a container and refrigerate.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Chill the soup until you are ready to serve.
- FOR THE DRIZZLE:
- Combine Yogurt and lemon in a small bowl.
- Fill in a small squirt bottle and refrigerate.
- TO ASSEMBLE:
- Place about a 1/2 a cup of Chilled Pea Soup into a small container.
- Drizzle each serving with Lemon Yogurt then garnish with a few Fresh Peas and Society Garlic Blossom.