Whenever someone asks me about how to determine a color palette – whether for a new living room or a simple dinner party – I always say the same thing. Think layers. While it’s easy to conceptualized a color blocked space (ie, pink and gold), your space will always feel richer with a palette that is layered with various hues within the same color family. And this Plum & Pink Palette — um, and coordinating JELLO SHOTS — from Brita Olsen Creative is layered pink perfection. Click here for more and scroll down for a fabulously grown-up jello shot recipe.
From Brita Olsen Creative…When bright fuchsia is paired with saturated plum, wonderful things begin to happen. Pink looks fresh again, darks don’t look so dull and the whole color palette has a fresh inspired vibe that would breathe new life into a late summer or early fall party. This shoot by Tory Williams and Brita Olsen Creative utilizes berries as inspiration, and pairs rose glassware with gilded china for a look that is 100% ladylike countryside. The themed treat? Sour cherry Jello shots served with fresh blackberries!
3 Hour/s 30 Minute/s
- 1 1/2 cups vodka, divided
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cherry syrup (ie. Adro sour cherry jar)
- 1 cup water, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 cups tart cherry juice (ie. cheribundi brand)
- red food coloring
- blackberries (optional)
- Place 1 cup vodka in a medium bowl. Sprinkle 2 envelopes gelatin evenly over vodka; let stand 3 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sour cherry juice, and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add hot lemon juice mixture to vodka mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour lemon-vodka mixture into an 8-inch square glass baking dish coated with cooking spray; chill 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 1/2 cup vodka in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 envelopes gelatin evenly over vodka; let stand 3 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup water, 2 cups cherry juice and one small drop red food coloring in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Add 2 cups hot blackberry mixture to vodka mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- Gradually pour cherry-vodka mixture evenly over partially set lemon-vodka mixture. Chill 3 hours or until set.
- Cut into 36 cubes. Garnish with blackberries and lemon rind strips, if desired.