It’s about all I can do to muster up a pot of coffee in the morning. The prospect of making a big meal before noon is just beyond me. Luckily, there’s TOAST! Toast is the answer to most prayers. In this rendition, we’re exploring the sweet and savory side of toast. Sometimes we want the sweet jolt of honey and plums, other times we want a kick of salt and spice from prosciutto and pepper. With toast, we can have it all! And… we can make it with one eye open. Coffee helps. For more great recipes, visit joythebaker.com.
|cook time||total time|
- 2 thick slices bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ripe plum, pitted and sliced
- 1 sprig mint leaves
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- small handful fresh arugula, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- small handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices prosciutto
- Toast bread slices.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup ricotta with honey.
- Top one piece of toast with sweetened ricotta, plum slices, fresh mint leaves, and a drizzle of honey.
- In another small bowl, combine 1/4 cup ricotta with chopped arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the remaining piece of toast with prosciutto, ricotta, and tomato halves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately with lots and lots of coffee.
Recipe & Photography: Joy the Baker