Alright you guys, are you as blown away as I am by Kevin Green’s blt summer salad? I mean, I love a solid BLT sandwich like the rest of them, but it never occurred to me to transform this classic treat into salad format. Captured by JoPhoto, be sure to grab the full recipe below!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3/4 cup bacon, diced and cooked
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/2 cup Caesar dressing (or favorite vinaigrette)
- Kosher salt/fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tsp. prepared balsamic syrup (optional)
- Wash and drain the romaine lettuce. Chop into pieces approximately 1" in size.
- Dice the bacon and over medium heat cook in a saute pan until crisp and brown.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Arrange first four ingredients onto large platter and season to taste.
- Top with dressing and balsamic syrup, if desired.