If you’ve read Style Me Pretty for any length of time you may have gotten to know some of our incredible SMP ladies. Erin – our AHHHMAZING Weddings Editor - is like our It Girl. She’s pure style and her taste is about as spot-on as it comes. But the girl is busy. Like really busy. And her perfect little Boston flat always seemed to take a back burner to her SMP work. That is, until last week. When we decided to give her apartment a teeny tiny facelift. We’re blabbing all about the gorgeous details here today! Starting with the before pics and the fabulous inspiration behind the spruce up.
So. Erin’s apartment is tiny. Like barely fits more than four people tiny. And since SMP is a work from home kind of place, Erin’s desk and office space take up the majority of her living room. Plus, Erin loves to entertain and cook and snuggle up with her cute hubs with a cocktail or three come Friday night. So the goal was to give each “area” – despite it’s mish mashed togetherness – a personality of it’s own. Here are some before pics so you can get a lay of the land. More are right here.
Here’s what we knew going into this super fun project:
1. Erin loves gold. Like loves it. She once tried to gold leaf every last accessory that she could on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
2. She is girly to the core. But happens to house a very manly man.
3. She loves herself a good cocktail. Even better? Sharing them with friends.
4. She’s one part lady, one part total rebel. So her space needed to feel pretty…but with a bit of an edge.
5. She’s vegan. And preggo with TWINS. Neither of which have anything to do with anything other than just how cool Erin is.
So, with a few DIY projects, a handful of gussy-ups and one or two must-have splurges, we collectively transformed Erin’s space into one that felt both inspiring and wildly relaxing. Perfect for Friday night get togethers or Tuesday night movie-fests. And here’s a little peek at what you can expect later this afternoon…
Coming up…the DIY project that we all fell so in love with!
After Photo: Ruth Eileen | Lamp from Home Depot | Art from Art.com | Blanket from West Elm | Bowl from Lazy Susan | Pipe from Johnathan Adler | Clock from Crate & Barrel | Notebook from Sugar Paper | Pillows from West Elm | Desk Chair from Lamps Plus | Roses from Metro | Mirror from Ikea