Let’s be honest here, there isn’t much that beats a slice of warm bread with a heaping portion of homemade jam. And in case the idea of making jam scares you, I’m here to assure you that it’s ridiculously easy. Like, maybe one of the easiest things you’ve ever made type of easy. Now, a classic recipe can’t really be beat, but I’m kind of loving Whip + Clicks version. Pair shiso with raspberries while they’re still nice and fresh and sweet, and you’ll be eating breakfast like a king in no time flat.
- 500 grams of raspberries
- 325 grams of sugar
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 3 shiso leaves (you can also use basil leaves)
- Quickly rinse the raspberries before combining them with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium high heat, making sure to stir periodically.
- As the jam cooks, remove any foam that collects on top with the help of a small skimmer or sieve.
- In the meantime, cut the stems from shiso leaves and cut each leaf into thin strips lenghtwise, then cut the strips into a dice.
- The jam should be near ready when it has thickened and any foam on top has gone.
- Check the set by placing a small amount of jam on a cold plate (that you've placed in the freezer).
- Add the shiso leaves and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into your jars and seal!