We may be 6 months away from the snowiest of holidays but I’m thinking that these little Santa’s Treats from Sweet Dani B. can be made um…like today? Chocolate, check. Graham Cracker, check. Coconut, check, check. Yep, has all of the necessities for an anytime dessert! If you agree and want to call this your favorite from our Grandma’s Recipe Contest, leave the word “VOTE” in the comments section!
- 18 full sized graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or nuts like pecans (optional- can chips if preferred)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- cooking spray
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9 x 13” baking dish with cooking spray and parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crush up graham crackers into crumbs.
- In another bowl, melt butter and combine with vanilla and honey. Combine with graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Press graham cracker mixture into bottom of dish forming an even crust without gaps.
- Pour coconut over crust forming an even layer.
- Add chocolate chips in an even layer.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the coconut and chips evenly, covering as much as possible.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes…the mixture should be set in the baking dish and the coconut should be toasted looking but not burnt.
- Let cool then chill in the fridge for 2 hours or so.
- Remove from fridge and cut into bars. Serve chilled or at room temperature.