Guess what today iiiiisssss! It’s Grandma’s Favorite Recipe Day! Where we get to round up our top 10 recipes submitted by you guys! From Cinnamon Rolls to Snicker Bars, these recipes are going to have you literally drooling at the screen because aside from being just plain yum, they were also taste tested by the most important judge ever…grandma! So let’s get started with some Carrot Cake from the lovely Alison Mayfield. Make sure to LEAVE THE WORD VOTE on the recipe that you are going to rush home to make…giving that submitter a chance to with a KitchenAid Mixer!!
|prep time||cook time||total time|
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 5 to 6 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar, Sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, fan forced oven. Grease 8" round cake pan. Line base and side with paper.
- Place Carrot, eggs, oil, sugar, sultanas, flour, mixed spice, 3/4 cups nuts (if using) and 1/2 cup cold water in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. (Cover with foil loosely if cake is over browning during cooking)
- Remove from oven, stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool.
- Make light cream cheese icing: using an electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and lemon rind until smooth. Gradually beat in icing sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Spread icing over cake. Top with remaining 1/4 cup nuts (optional).