These cocktail fridays we have going on here are proving to be both terribly dangerous and wonderfully delicious. I’ve definitely tried my hand at a number of them, and this cherry sidecar has once again piqued my interest (did someone say brandy soaked cherries?!) Captured by Delightfully Tacky, grab the full recipe below!
|cook time||total time|
- 2 oz cherry infused brandy*
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz triple sec or cointreau
- sugar for rim
- cherry for garnish
- Make your own cherry infused brandy by letting Bing Cherries (removed from syrop) soak in brandy overnight. Use the cherries as garnish, and the liquids as mix!
- Fill a cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice.
- Pour in lemon juice, triple sec/cointreau, and cherry brandy.
- Cover and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and frosty.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a cherry and lemon twist.
- A sidecar is most delicious with a sugar rim, and I made mine by dipping the rim in the cherry syrup from the original jar of bing cherries and then dipping in sugar, which gives the sugar rim the same cherry color as the drink!
Recipe & Photography: Delightfully Tacky