I love sangria for so many reasons. It’s gorgeous to look at, refreshing to drink, and works double time as a light snack and a cocktail in one! I mean, what’s tastier than bits of fresh pear, strawberry, and nectarine all doused in champagne with a splash of pear vodka? Because this festive drink is so light and refreshing, it’s the perfect summertime sipper to serve at parties. Cheers!
- 1- 750 ml bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine such as Prosecco
- 1/2 cup pear vodka
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- 1 Anjou pear diced
- 1 White nectarine diced
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- Sugar for the rim
- Dice nectarine, pear, and strawberries and add to a large pitcher.
- Add pear vodka, lime juice, simple syrup and stir. Keep chilled in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Just before serving stir in 1 bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Rim glasses with granulated sugar (options) and pour sangria. Enjoy!
Tip: Simple syrup can be made by combining equal parts sugar and water in a sauce pan and lightly simmering just until sugar is dissolved. Store in the refrigerator.
Photography + Styling: Leah Bergman, Freutcake