We’ve been diving deep into all things Strawberry today, from picking to buying, from storing to sweetening. And now it’s time to savor. Like really, really savor. With these soooo delicious Strawberry & Cream Muffins. I found the recipe on a blog called Patty’s Food and just adapted it every so slightly based on what I had in my pantry. And after they came out, we slathered them with slightly sweetened marscarpone cheese and nearly passed out from the goodness.
- MUFFIN BATTER
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *raw sugar for dusting
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of strawberries, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 375. You'll need three bowls and a muffin pan.
- In the first bowl, combine the wet ingredients - oil, milk & egg. Beat until well mixed.
- In your larger bowl, mix your dry ingredients - flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients.
- In your third bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and mix completely.
- Line your muffin tins with parchment paper. I use a small glass to create a parchment mold to pop into each hole. You could also just spray oil or use muffin wrappers.
- Pour 2 TBS of batter into the muffin cup. Add in a spoonful of cream cheese and a handful of strawberries. Not too many strawberries as it will make your muffin fall apart.
- Add another layer of 1Tbs batter
- Sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes and remove from oven. Enjoy on their own or with a spread of marscapone cheese. YUM!