Ah yes, we’ve arrived at my favourite part of any party: the dessert! For our chalk party, we kept our treat fairly simple, yet super impactful with these chalk inspired black & white cookies. On theme, and beyond cute, am I right? We totally cheated here and picked up some of our favourite pre-made black & white cookies and then pumped them up a touch. But you could, of course, make your own from scratch if you want to rack up those bonus points with the neighborhood kids (they won’t notice though, I swear).
|cook time||total time|
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Black & white cookies (store-bought or homemade, we used premade)
- Food coloring of your choice (up to 1 bottle for each color)
- Wax paper
- Sandwich bags
- Flour sifter
- Make colored sugar by putting a 1/4 cup of powdered sugar into a sandwich bag. Add drops of food coloring and mix by squishing the bag together with your hands. Continue adding food coloring until desired color is reached (it may take up to a whole bottle of liquid food coloring).
- Place prepared black & white cookies on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Cut small strips of wax paper to cover the portions of the cookie you don't want color to touch. You will only sprinkle one color at a time, so cover the whole cookie except the areas you want to be that color.
- Place some of the colored sugar in the flour sifter and shake over the cookie until there is a thick coat of color sugar.
- Carefully remove the wax paper, and repeat steps 2 & 3 with each new sugar color. You can use this method of sifting colored sugar to decorate other party foods, such as popcorn or chocolate-dipped pretzels.