Okay. So you might be wondering what in the world an ice cream base is. Well, my friends, an ice cream base is a very important Summer tool. Because it’s the PERFECT foundation for every kind of homemade ice cream on the planet. Whether you’re shaking it in a zip locked bag (totally works, I’ve tried it) or you’re popping it in your electric mixer (loooove ours), this base will provide the groundwork for any flavor you can dream of.
3 Hour/s 30 Minute/s
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups cream with vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup of heavy cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until your sugar is totally disolved.
- Pour your disolved sugar mixture into your cream, vanilla and salt mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Follow the normal instructions on your mixer to create a bowl of the best ice cream in the world. Ours is generally done in about 30 minutes. For firmer ice cream, pop in the freezer for 2 hours.
- From here the sky is the limit with flavor combinations!
Coming up next we have the best ice cream I’ve ever eaten. Ever.