Round these parts, chocolate tends to sneak its way into just about every meal. Between my husband and my daughter, we should be buying stock in chocolate. If that’s even a real thing. And these chocolate chocolate chip muffins are at the top of our morning crave list. They are light but rich, best when just out of the oven and the chocolate chips are all melty and good.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- raw sugar for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin pan with parchment paper. We do this by cutting our paper into 6x6" squares, then using a small measuring cup to force fit the paper into each muffin cup.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients, and the melted butter, to the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined. Don't beat as it just makes the muffins dense.
- Pour or scoop the batter into your muffin cups, filling until about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes (ours were ready at 22), or until a toothpick in the middle comes out nice and clean.