Alright so we tackled homemade limoncello, which is superb on it’s own might I add, but should you wish to take it up a notch I’ve got just the thing for you. This raspberry basil limoncello cocktail is downright amazing. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, bubbly, but not overly so… It pretty much tastes like sunshine in a glass, and if you hadn’t yet noticed, it’s also ombre. Now if that’s not the most on-trend cocktail in the world, well I just don’t know what is.
|cook time||total time|
- 2 lemon wedges
- 4 basil leaves, roughly torn
- 6 raspberries
- 1/2 tsp. superfine sugar, optional
- 1/2 ounce limoncello (preferably homemade!)
- 1 ounce lemon vodka
- Add the raspberries, basil and lemon wedge to a high ball glass.
- Muddle until raspberries are pureed and basil has been bruised.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add limoncello, lemon vodka, sugar and stir until sugar is disolved.
- Top with champagne.
- Garnish with a single raspberry and lemon wheel, if desired.