Wednesdays have quickly become my favourite day of the week around here. They mean that we get the chance to showcase some of our very favourite recipes. The tried and true babies that are just too good to keep to ourselves. Recipes like this roasted tomato soup, which is so simple and delicious that it really need not any additional flourishment, adornment or anything of the sort. It simply tastes like love, and home and all things great and glorious that goes right along with it.
1-2 cups roasted tomatoes with garlic (click for recipe)
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 tsb sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 TBS butter
1. Transfer your roasted tomatoes & garlic to your blender immediately after you pull them from the oven, making sure to grab all of that carmelized goodness on the pan.
2. Add chicken broth, basil, sugar, dash of salt/pepper.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Meanwhile, gently warm cream and butter in a pot.
5. Transfer your tomato mixture to the pan, stirring in the cream until completely combined.
6. Top with a dollop of sour cream
Styling & Photography: Style Me Pretty Living | Roasted Tomato Recipe Adapted from: Martha Stewart
Recipes on SMP Living: