Not long ago we shot a Mother's Day feature here at my house. And we didn't have time to make little donuts so we ran out to the grocery and picked up a package of those powdered sugar mini donut things that are so freaking good. Anyway, it was the first time my son had one and I would give anything to go back to that moment and put my camera in my hand because the look of pure bliss on his face was entirely priceless. So now, I'm happy to say, that I can give the gift of powdered donuts to my son any time I want. Because this recipe is the easiest recipe on the planet.
For the donuts:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or can use whole milk)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a mini muffin pan.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
5. Stir wet ingredients right on into the dry, only mixing until they are just combined.
6. Dump that batter into a plastic bag and snip the end. Fill your muffin holes up only halfway.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and remove. Let them cool a bit.
8. While they are cooling, melt the butter in a microwave safe tupperware container.
9. Put your powdered sugar in a separate tupperware container.
Note: You need lids for both containers. That is if you can find them in the massive lid pileup in your pantry. Is that just me?
10. Okay, so put as many donuts in your butter as you want. I put about 10 in.
11. Place lid on top and shake until the muffins are coated. These babies are pretty sturdy if cooled.
12. Then transfer donuts into your sugar container and shake em’ up good.
13. Remove and devour.
Styling & Photography: Style Me Pretty Living