Summer is here, my friends. Which means that the grills have been uncovered, the tomatoes are growing and the sweet, sweet corn is about to pop up and say hello. It’s my FAVORITE time of year and I have literally bursting at the seams to make this tequila chicken with corn & tomato relish. Because it just reminds me of days outside, bare feet and the pure yumminess of Summertime fun. Oh and it’s ridiculously easy and makes for a wow plate that will totally impress your friends.
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice (or sweetened lime juice)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tbs Dijon mustard
salt & pepper (make sure to add enough salt, usually around 1-2 tsp)
2 packages chicken tenderloins
Corn & Tomato Relish
1 cup corn (2-3 ears)
1 cup cherry tomato, quartered
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons butter
salt / pepper
For the chicken:
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl.
2. Reserve half of the marinade in a separate bowl.
3. Place the chicken tenderloins (any cut of chicken is fine) in marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Grill for 5 minutes on each side for tenderloins.
5. While the chicken is grilling, boil the remaining marinade until reduced by half.
For the relish:
1. Heat skillet to high and melt butter.
2. Place corn in skillet – and try your hardest not to touch it for 5 minutes so that it can get good and brown.
3. Stir and let cook another 2 minutes.
4. Place tomatoes in your bowl.
5. Add hot corn.
6. Top with olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
1. Start with the chicken in a single layer.
2. Top with reduced sauce.
3. Layer on the corn & tomato relish, then top with cilantro.
Note: Parsley can be used if you aren’t a cilantro fan.
Styling & Photography: Style Me Pretty Living