I've recently been taught that every event should have a signature cocktail. By whipping up a big batch before everyone arrives, not only does it add that additional flair, it also significantly cuts down on party costs and gives you more time to mingle with your guests. I have since debated about my personal signature cocktail, and I do believe that I've found it. Beautifully captured by Sarah Culver, not only is this lavender martini soft pink in colour (if you know me at all this is incredibly appealing), it's a subtle twist on a classic concoction and for that I'm a fan.
Edible lavender buds
1.5 oz. gin
1/2 lemon, juiced
Soda water (optional)
Mint leaves (for garnish)
1. To start whip up a batch of lavender simple syrup by mixing equal parts lavender, sugar and water until the sugar has disolved. Use a strainer to remove lavender buds (I always make extra to use in other things - like lemonade, drizzled over butter on toast or with seltzer water).
2. Then it's simple! Pour 1 ounce of lavender simple syrup in the bottom of each glass.
3. In a shaker mix 1.5 ounces of gin and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
4. Pour into glass and top with soda water if desired.
5. Garnish with mint leaves and edible lavender buds. Cheers!
Photography by: Sarah Culver | Styling & Recipe by: Cin Cin Vintage