Times sure have changed. Just five years ago I was stocking up on my most beloved cookbooks, scouring them daily for my favorite recipes. Now? It’s blogs. Always the first place I look. And The Faux Martha, clearly, is a fave. I’ve been eyeing this cobbler for so long but the berries in our house get eaten within minutes of buying. So when I found myself with a berry surplus, well, I knew exactly what to do.
We had strawberries, blueberries and blackberries in our fridge. And I didn’t have the same sized casserole dish that Melissa had – mine was a bit smaller – so I tweaked it a bit. And it turned out deeeeelish.
1 cup of strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup blackberries
3/4 stick of butter
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Add butter to dish and place into oven until melted and bubbly.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into bowl (I sort of cheated and just mixed them together).
4. Add in buttermilk and stir until just incorporated.
5. Remove the butter from the oven and pour in batter.
6. Add the berries.
7. Return to oven for 30-40 minutes until edges are all browned and yummy.
8. Add ice cream or a big whopping spoonful of whipped cream.