Easiest Jam Ever. And such a treat to have in the fridge for a quick snack among friends or a gorgeous breakfast. I love having homemade tidbits on hand so that I’m always prepared for something yummy when people stop by. But I hate things that take too long or are so much of an effort that buying it is easier. Well this jam is so versatile and probably the easiest recipe on the face of the earth.
2 cups strawberries, caps removed and roughly chopped
1 cup blueberries
juice of one lemon
1/2 cup sugar
1. Place all ingredients in a pan and bring to boil.
2. Boil on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
3. The blueberries will break down first then the strawberries.
4. Remove from heat and let thicken a bit. If you like a smoother consistency, you can throw this into the blender.
5. Place in jars (added bonus for making your own cute label!) and place in the fridge
Note: This jam will thicken even more in the fridge but it will never be really jam-ish. It will have a smoother, more liquid consistency which tastes beyond yummy. We served ours with a piece of store bought pound cake, and a bit of mascarpone cheese.
Styling & Photography: Style Me Pretty Living | Recipe adapted from: Martha Stewart