I spy a watercolored feather backdrop and for that I am smitten. And if you take a closer look you’ll notice that each minute detail is so saturated in pretty that it’s almost hard to wrap your head around it all. From edible gold in abundance, to cotton candy cupcakes, to the loveliest place settings I ever did see, I find more to absorb at each and every turn. Photographed by Liz Banfield and designed by the talented ladies at White Peacock Styled Events and Girl Friday, it’s the layers upon thoughtful layers of adorable detail that really make this event shine. See more in the gorgeous gallery.
From Liz Banfield… A mix of tomboy meets girly girl event design. A luxe bridal shower soiree rich in color and texture with a modern take on all things frilly!
The heart of our design is the dining room—our peachy-pink satin table set for 6 with white, croc-embossed chargers as the background to a coral napkin folded around the plate–creating a pocket to tuck our luncheon menu. On top–a gold-dipped feather with calligraphed place card tied on with gold twine. A little bit of glamour sneaks in with gold silverware, polished gold vases and two crystal chandeliers. We really wanted our guests to feel a sense of opulent yumminess as soon as they sat down for lunch.
Sitting in front of our handmade feather backdrop, our dessert buffet acts as our study in texture and layering color. Instead of combing the sequin tablecloth to get them all laying in the same direction, we kept it ruffled to show peeks of the pink tablecloth beneath. Our tiered cake, topped in edible gold leaf, sits on a bed of feathers. Small wands of lemon and pink grapefruit cotton candy, banana pudding parfaits and cake lollipops sit in beds of sugar pearls and non-perils. X and O cookies are iced in a gradient of peach.
Guests help themselves to pampering favors at the “Bliss Bar.” Empty jars with custom labels await guests to fill them up with their favorite scented bath salts.
At the “Mani bar,” guests are treated to a manicure with take home favors consisting of their favorite nail polish, a gilded emery board and customized nail polish remover.
Kate at Paper Rock Scissor hand dyed the letterpress paper before printing the invitations. Custom menus, place cards, and signage complete the look.
In terms of the details for our DIY decorations:
• Nicole, from White Peacock Styled Events, and Carly, from Girl Friday, created the feather art piece that served as an artful backdrop from over 500 goose feathers dipped in five shades (dyed by mixing food dye and warm water), air dried and hot glued in rows on a flannel twin sheet.
• Nicole dipped the place card feathers in gold paint.
• Carly created modern art for behind the couch by dipping the end of an empty paper towel roll in gold paint and stamping it on a store-bought stretched canvas.
• Bubble tea bar with pink tapioca pearls.
• Champagne glasses rimmed in edible gold sugar.
• Raspberry macarons hand stenciled with gold edible glitter.