With Cinco de Mayo on the approach (hang on, let's take a moment here - May? how did that happen??), I find myself brainstorming ways in which to celebrate. There's more than a chance that I'm stating the obvious, but I'm pretty sure that a tequilla laden cocktail is the answer. And lucky for us, Caitlin Moran of Style Within Reach and Sarah Culver are here with just the ticket: The Paloma! Chock full of fresh grapefruit, lime and lip-smacking tequilla, I couldn't think of a more suitable drink for such an occasion.
The Paloma from Style Within Reach + Sarah Culver
With Cinco de Mayo on the approach (hang on, let's take a moment here - May? how did _that_ happen??), I find myself brainstorming ways in which to celebrate. There's more than a chance that I'm stati...
A slice of lime
1 Tbs. lime juice
1 Tbs. fine sugar
1/4 c. fresh grapefruit juice
1.5 oz. tequila
A slice of grapefruit, for garnish
1. Pour an equal mix of fine sugar and salt on a plate.
2. Rub the rim of each glass with a slice of lime and roll in the sugar salt mixture to coat.
3. Combine 1 tbs of lime juice and 1 tbs of fine sugar in the bottom of each glass and stir.
4. Add 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice, ice and 1.5 ounces of tequila.
5. Top with soda water and garnish with a slice of grapefruit. Cheers!
Photography: Sarah Culver | Glassware, Recipe & Styling: Caitlin Moran of Cin Cin Vintage & Style Within Reach
Join Our Little Black Book