I know that it’s sort of killing you guys that we have yet to unveil the full Neon party but I just had to pay homage to all of the cuteness in the DIY projects that served as our foundation. Particularly, this ridiculously cute cake that even a novice baker could tackle with confidence. It’s pink, it’s sparkly and it has a little nod to the 80′s which I sort of love.1. Mix the cake batter according to the instructions.
2. Set aside 1/3 of the mixed batter, adding a few drops of neon pink food coloring until the color really pops. You should have enough batter for 3 pans – 2 white + 1 pink.
3. Bake the cake according to package instructions and let them cool on a cooling rack.
4. Stack each layer spreading a hearty bit of buttercream between layers.
5. Top with the final coat of buttercream, ensuring to get the sides. Here is an awesome cake decorating DIY for those perfectionists out there that really want to get this step right.
6. Okay, to add sprinkles in sections, cut the parchment paper in strips making a slight triangle at the top.
7. Use your first piece as a pattern for the additional three piece.
8. Press the parchment paper strips gently into the cake so that they meet in the center.
9. Sprinkle the open sections until completely covered. You might need to tilt the cake a bit to get the sides.
10. Remove the parchment paper. And feast your eyes on the most adorable cake ever.