Boy do we ever have a treat for you today. Oatmeal stuffed cream cookies? Say no more! And you can rest assured that you won’t find any store bought syrupy chocolate in this deliciously milky concoction. No sir. Ruth’s homemade chocolate milk recipe is the real deal. I tested it out myself last night just to be sure (what can I say, sometimes you just have to take one for the team!) Grab them both for yourselves below.
Oatmeal Cream Cookies
For the Filling:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 7-ounce container marshmallow creme
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
5. Place 1 tablespoon sized balls on a parchment-lined or greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
7. To make the filling, cream together the butter and marshmallow creme.
8. Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the mixture. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
9. To assemble, add a generous scoop of filling to half of the cookies.
10. Add another cookie to the top. Enjoy!
Homemade Chocolate Milk
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons powder sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2. Add in cocoa, powder sugar, and vanilla.
3. Blend all ingredients until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Note: It will last about one week covered in the fridge (or for the life of the milk). For a non-dairy option try almond milk.Photography, Styling & Recipe by: Ruth Eileen Photography