Best Ever Better Than Heaven Cakeletts + Downloadable Labels
The first time I tasted this cake was upon meeting my boyfriend's parents. They had it for dessert or someone's birthday or something. I can't really remember why. But, I politely ate it and tried my ...
The first time I tasted this cake was upon meeting my boyfriend's parents. They had it for dessert or someone's birthday or something. I can't really remember why. But, I politely ate it and tried my hardest not to lick my plate clean. Then - and thankfully said boyfriend became loving husband which is probably a result of me keeping this story a secret until now - I waited until everyone was asleep and snuck downstairs to steal the very last piece. I put the empty pan back in the fridge and played entirely dumb the next day. Yeah. It's that good.
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
individual jars with a 3" or larger lid size (we found ours at michaels)
1. Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. While baking combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended.
2. While the cake is still warm, punch out (we used a basic drinking glass) a circle piece of cake and place in jar.
3. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
3. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm.
4. Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate.
5. Print out this label to top the jars.
*Original Recipe found here