Even though the weather isn’t exactly co-operating in some parts of North America, there’s no denying that we’re well on our way into Spring. With that in mind, we thought it’d be fun to share a few of our easy-as-pie tips and tricks to instantly transform your home for the season at hand. And if nothing else, we can at least pretend that the weather is following suit.
1. Bring on the flowers! Spending just a few dollars each week on some fresh flowers for your dining room table makes a world of a difference. If you can swing it, treat yourself to a handful of tulip magnolia branches for an instant hit of spring.
2. Start a mini herb garden! Keep it on your kitchen window sill for optimal use.
3. Don’t forget your feathered friends! Hanging a cute bird house just outside your window makes way for all sorts of spring-like activity at an arms-length away.
4. Switch out those throw pillows! Incorporating some light, bright fabrics (like cotton and linen blends) instantly transforms your space. See you next winter, wool!
5. Accessorize! Buy yourself some new linen napkins – seriously – this may sound silly but bringing in hints of colour in inexpensive ways can do a world of good. Plus, it might just give you that kick in the pants to invite those friends over for some backyard sangria.
6. Let in the light! The same holds true for your drapery. Ikea sells incredibly inexpensive gauzy, sheer curtains that blow in the breeze and let the light filter into a space that has otherwise been found hibernating.
7. Clean those windows! There’s no use switching out your drapery if your windows are gunked up with winter junk, am I right?
8. Lighten the mood! When it comes to interior design, all five senses must be taken into consideration. Incorporating lightly scented candles in fresh aromas (like fig, cucumber watermelon or meyor lemon) into your decor is always a great idea. Tuck away those heavy, woodsy ones for the winter months.
There you have it. A quick and easy round-up from the SMP ladies. How do you like to ring in Spring? We’d love to hear your tips & tricks!Tulip Magnolia Branches: Terrain | Herb Garden Tags: Indigo | Terracota Bird House: Indigo | Throw Pillow: Indigo | Napkins: John Robshaw | Curtains: Ikea | Lavender Glass Cleaner: Mrs. Meyers | Candle: Terrain