Let’s face it, when it comes to throwing a fabulous fête, food is always the star of the show. For our Super Bowl Fiesta, we’ve compiled a list of delicious recipes that are quick and easy to throw together, yet appear labour intensive, so you’ll be sure to impress your guests. Captured by the talented Hello Love Photography, our focus was placed on coming up with individually portioned, mexican-inspired dishes that people can grab en route to claiming the best seat on the couch (just so you know, it’s all about the armrest). And as a bonus? The fact that each recipe is prepared and set up before everyones arrival also means that you won’t have to worry about missing the kickoff. Don’t miss the rest of the gallery – it’ll be sure to make your mouth water. Our menu is as follows:
And I bet you’re looking for the recipes, aren’t you? Well you’re in luck. Here they are:
24 oz Black & White Farfalle Pasta
2 Ears of Fresh Corn, kernels cut off the cob
6 Roma Tomatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
3 Bell Peppers (red, orange, & yellow), seeded and cut into ½ inch pieces
1 Large Avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into ½ inch pieces
3 Scallions, sliced ¼ inch thick
¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
Juice of Two Limes
3 tbs. White Wine Vinegar
1 tbs. Agave Nectar or Honey
1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
¼ tsp. Chile Powder
Large Pinch of Salt
¾ cup Olive Oil
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add in pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain water.
2. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, corn, tomatoes, and peppers.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, white wine vinegar, agave, jalapeno, chile powder, and salt. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil.
4. Add the dressing into the large bowl and toss thoroughly to mix.
5. Gently stir in the avocado, scallions, & cilantro, and serve!
2 cups Guacamole
2 cups Salsa
2 cups Pico de Gallo
2 cups Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Cheese
2 cups Sour Cream
Cilantro, for garnish
1 Bag of Tortilla Chips
1. Drain the salsa & pico de gallo to get rid of any excess liquid.
2. Layer in the ingredients in small individual glass bowls and garnish with cilantro.
3. Add 3 or 4 tortilla chips and serve!
Note: this recipe makes 8 servings, adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
2 shots Patrón Tequila
2 scoops of Softened Lime Sorbet
1/2 shot Patrón Citrónge Orange Liqueur
Sliced Limes, for garnish
1. Spoon 2 scoops of lime sorbet into a glass.
2. Pour orange liqueur & tequila over, and stir thoroughly with a spoon.
3. Garnish with a lime, and enjoy as the sorbet melts!
Note: this recipe makes one serving, adapted from Real Simple
¼ cup Popcorn Kernels
2 tsp. Chili Powder
2-3 tsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Sea Salt
3 tbs. Unsalted Butter
1 bag Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Pour olive oil into large pot on medium heat.
2. Add salt, 1 tsp of the chili powder, and popcorn kernels, and cover with lid.
3. Shake pot frequently until popcorn finishes popping, about 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in any salt from the sides of the pot.
5. Melt butter in the microwave and drizzle over popcorn, stirring to mix thoroughly.
6. Melt dark chocolate chips and remaining chili powder in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds until it is liquid.
7. Drizzle over popcorn and serve immediately.
Note: this recipe makes 3 ½ to 4 quarts, adapted from Small Kitchen College
1 3/4 cups Granulated White Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
3 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Grated Lime Zest
1 tbsp Lime Juice
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Lemon Yogurt
1 cup Confectioners Sugar
1 tbsp. Tequila
2 tbsp. Orange Liqueur
2 tbsp. Lime Juice
Lime Zest, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Grease your mini bundt pan.
2. Combine sugar, butter, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and beat until blended. add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each egg.
3. Mix in the lime zest and lime juice.
4. Add the flour and lemon yogurt alternately, beating well after each addition.
5. Spoon the batter into each mini bundt well until it is ¾ full. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool.
7. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar with the tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Mix until smooth, and pour onto each cake. Sprinkle with lime zest and garnish with a slice of lime.
Note: this recipe makes 16 mini cakes, adapted from Recipe Girl
Photography: Hello Love Photography / Flowers: Petal Floral Design / Styling: Style Me Pretty / Location: Petal Floral Design & Hello Love Photography / Black Appetizer Plates: Noritake / Black Salad Plates: Noritake / Serving Bowls: Noritake / Black & White Striped Straws: Dime Store Buddy / Black & White Striped Tape: In the Clear / Black & White Striped Gift Bags: Little Bit of This / Glass Jars for Margarita Mix: Save on Crafts / Black & White Pasta: Amazon / Linens: BBJ Linens / Envelopes: Paper Source / Invitation Cards: Paper Source / Popcorn Bowls: Crate & Barrel / Glass Individual Salsa Bowls: Crate & Barrel / Gourmet Taco Bowls: Crate & Barrel / Taco Towels: TJ Maxx / Salt Cellars, Spoon: Crate & Barrel / Cutting Board: Crate & Barrel / Citrus Squeezer: Sur La Table / Margarita Cake Plates: Crate & Barrel / Cocktail Glasses Crate & Barrel
Though we legitimately love them, Crate & Barrel is an advertiser on Style Me Pretty.