Individual Pot Pies served in Petite Cast Iron Pans
6 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper, to taste
5 cups Chicken Stock
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
2 Yellow Onions, chopped
3/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 Carrots, chopped
1 Package Frozen Peas
Flat Leaf Parsley
Frozen Puff Pastry
Egg, for wash
1. Preheat the oven to 375 f.
2. Rub the chicken with olive oil, sprikle with salt & pepper, and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Once cool, cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
3. In the meantime, heat the chicken stock in a small pan and dissolve the boullion cubes into it.
4. In a large pot (I prefer a dutch oven if you have one) melt the butter and cook the onions for 10 to 15 minutes, until soft. Slowly add the flour to the onions and cook over low heat.
5. Stir the mixture constantly for two minutes and then slowly add the chicken stock to the mixture. Allow it to thicken, while stirring, over low heat for another minute or so.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and then add the cream. Stir in the chicken, carrots, peas, and parsley (add any other vegetables you'd like) and mix until well-combined.
7. Spoon the filling into you petite cast iron pans and cover with the frozen puff pastry.
8. Cut a slit in the center of each 'pie' and cover in an egg wash.
9. Place in the oven until pastry browns and is bubbling hot. Serve on heat resistant trivets and enjoy!
Photography: Jen Huang Photography / Rentals: Trove by Poppies and Posies / Florals & Event Design: Poppies and Posies