New Years Eve is merely hours away and we could not be more excited. Our dresses have been procured, our baubbles selected and our shoes polished to a shine. While the bubbly chills in the fridge it’s now safe to turn our attention to the pièce de résistance: our makeup. Whether you’re after a natural look or hoping to wow them with a glamorous approach there’s no need to fret, the lovely Mar of TEAM Hair and Makeup is here sharing some tips and tricks.
Let’s just say that she has you covered. Following her simple approach you are more or less guaranteed to look dazzling when the clock strikes midnight tonight.
Au Naturel products:
Tips for a Natural Look
1. Use a hydrating moisturizer, let it dry, and then apply a powder that matches your skin. The easiest way to choose the right shade is to simply swipe on the powder. If the color disappears into your skin, ta-da it matches! If you’re using a mineral powder, be sure to buff your skin with a powder brush to ensure an even complexion.
2. Apply a pop of blush to the apple of your cheeks and blend down while moving the brush up towards your temple.
3. Use a shade of lip stain one hue deeper than your natural color. One of my go-to’s is Maybelline’s 24 hour lip color in Eternal Sunset. Instead of painting on the color, dab a tiny bit on your pointer finger and softly pat the color on within your lip line. Rub it in to blend and then add a layer of clear gloss. For an extra pout, add a touch of Mac liner in Naked.
4. For instant brightness and easy application try eyeshadow cream. It will stay all day without creasing. Apply it with your index finger and dab onto your lids. Layer for more intensity!
5. To complete your daytime look apply a shimmery bronzer for a light pick me up! Dust on forehead and and chin only.
Go Glam products:
3. Mac Pigment in Copper Sparkle (adds a metallic look; perfect for New Year’s eve!)
6. Makeup Forever Aqua Liner in Black (use an angle liner brush – it will save you every time)
Tips for a Fabulous & Festive New Year’s Eve Look
1. Add Mac Pigment in Copper Sparkle on top of your everyday shadow. To do so, wet your brush first with water and press the pigment onto your lid. Alternatively, add it onto a cream shadow base for more drama. Use a press and wiggle technique, adding two layers, for a festive pop!
2. Try Mac Bronzer in matte to warm you up where the sun would naturally kiss your skin (below your blush, on your forehead and on your chin). Consider using it to create a higher cheekbone by blending some on top of your blush too!
3. With Makeup Forever’s Aqua liner in Black, line the inside your waterline and smudge it with your angled liner brush. Next, layer on your MAC Copper Sparkle pigment and blend it in.
4. LASHES!! Put a mirror on the counter so you can look down and get a better view. Apply a thin line of glue (black is my favorite) to the back of your non-dominant hand. Drag the strip gently through the glue so that a thin line coats the base of the lash. Wave the lash in the air a few times – this will make the glue a little tacky so that it won’t slide around as much! Looking down into the mirror, press the lash evenly to your natural lash line and let it dry for 30 seconds.
5. Add Smashbox gloss in Tease over your natural lip stain for added color.
6. Last but not least, the final addition to this look: Makeup Forever Gold Glitter! Apply it lightly under and around the eyes. Then, dust it on your lid with your favorite shadow brush.