Still looking for the perfect gift for aunts, uncles and grandparents from your children? We think these kids’ art books totally fit the bill. Not only are they adorable, but they’ll make for a wonderful afternoon distraction for the kiddos. Plus, your family will have them for years. We can’t think of anything sweeter! Big hugs to Heidi of White Loft Studio for capturing this product and our sweet little model.
super thin birch wood sheets (we got ours at michael’s)
white acrylic paint
white paint marker
drill & drill bit one size larger than the twine
1. Cut the leather into a 4″ x 6″ rectangle.
2. Cut the paper into (4) 3.5″ x 5.5″ sheets.
3. Stack the papers & fold in half. Wrap the leather cover around the paper. Poke 4 holes through the paper & 2 holes through leather with the needle.
4. Thread the twine through the holes and knot on both ends (inside the leather cover).
5. Cut a 10″ piece of ribbon & fold in half. Hot glue the ribbon into the center pages of the book, leaving a loop on top for hanging.
6. Write a message inside the book if you like.
7. Close the book and tie with leather lace. Hang on the tree, or give to a friend!