Sometimes, a bubble bath is the answer to your problems. Sometimes, it’s big bowl of ice cream. But every once in awhile, a girl just needs a pink, frothy cocktail. Lucky for you, today’s topic du jour is exactly that. We’re talking about Bar Dogwood’s delicious Charred Cherry Cocktail, so gorgeously captured by photographer Julie Comfort. No matter your state of mind, one sip of this baby will have you dancing on clouds while humming Edith Piaf’s “La Vie en Rose.” Trust us.
Charred Cherry Cocktail
Recipe via Dogwood
2 oz Four Roses Bourbon
.5 oz Lemon
.75 oz Cherry Syrup
1 Egg White
Dash of Absinthe
Garnish with fresh ground nutmeg
To Make Cherry Syrup
Char cherries and sugar in a pan. Add 1/4 cup water then reduce cherries with sugar for one hour until syrup is reduced by half.
A little bit about Bar Dogwood… Dogwood is an intimate, spirits-driven sanctuary specializing in hand crafted cocktails and house made charcuteries. It is located in the heart of the up-and-coming gourmet locale of the Uptown section of Oakland, just blocks from the Fox and Paramount Theaters.
Because we love entertaining at home (and cocktails), we couldn’t help but put together a little roundup of our latest bar cart obsessions. We all know that fancy drinks taste all the sweeter when served up in or on something beautiful, and each of these pieces certainly fit the bill.
1. The prettiest of trays to hold drinks, trinkets, hors d’oeuvres, and more. West Elm
2. These jewel-toned Agate Earth Coasters will literally make any drink sparkle.
3. How do we love this Gold Scale Tumblr? Let us count the ways! Cocktails or not, we want it on the table for every occasion.
4. While we’re obsessed with each and every piece from Mark & Graham, a new line from Williams-Sonoma, these Linen Satin Stitch Cocktail Napkins take the cake.
5. If you have one bar accessory in your arsenal, it should be a champagne bucket. The Style Me Pretty team is especially partial to this one by Alessi… Incredibly stylish and modern, we find it perfect!
6. This Pooled Gold Highball Glass is the ying to the above Gold Scale Tumblr’s yang. Perhaps something to consider for the Mr. in your life?
7. Is there anything cooler than gold, crescent-shaped bottle openers that double as gorgeous home accents? We think not!