From Liz & Ryan ... When the leaves begin to turn and the air gets crisp, one of our favorite things to do is make warm pumpkin spice lattes and cuddle up with a good book or magazine. Just pick up a can of pumpkin and whip up your very own cozy beverage. The smell of coffee and pumpkin will soon fill the air. Enjoy this simple recipe to spice up your next morning cup of coffee with a little taste of fall.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
2 C Milk (We used whole, but 2%, skim, soy or almond should also work)
1 C extra strong coffee (or espresso if you have it)
3 or 4 tbsp canned or fresh pumpkin
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon plus extra to sprinkle on top
1/2 tsp nutmeg plus extra to sprinkle on top
*Pumpkin Spice seasoning may be substituted it for the cinnamon and nutmeg.
1. Measure out two cups of milk and pour into a small sauce pan.
2. Add pumpkin and sugar to milk and heat over medium high heat. Whisk thoroughly to combine ingredients.
3. Prepare your coffee/espresso.
4. Once the pumpkin milk mixture begins to steam, reduce heat to low, add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir with whisk over low heat for 15 – 30 seconds or blend in a food processor.
5. Pour pumpkin milk mixture into two coffee cups. We transferred the mixture to a glass measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring first.
6. Add coffee/espresso, approximately 1/2 C each.
7. Top with whip cream and sprinkle on cinnamon and nutmeg.