PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
2 C Milk (We used whole, but 2%, skim, soy or almond should also work)
1 C extra strong coffee (or espresso if you have it)
3 or 4 tbsp canned or fresh pumpkin
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon plus extra to sprinkle on top
1/2 tsp nutmeg plus extra to sprinkle on top
*Pumpkin Spice seasoning may be substituted it for the cinnamon and nutmeg.
1. Measure out two cups of milk and pour into a small sauce pan.
2. Add pumpkin and sugar to milk and heat over medium high heat. Whisk thoroughly to combine ingredients.
3. Prepare your coffee/espresso.
4. Once the pumpkin milk mixture begins to steam, reduce heat to low, add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir with whisk over low heat for 15 – 30 seconds or blend in a food processor.
5. Pour pumpkin milk mixture into two coffee cups. We transferred the mixture to a glass measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring first.
6. Add coffee/espresso, approximately 1/2 C each.
7. Top with whip cream and sprinkle on cinnamon and nutmeg.