Put your crafting hats on ladies and gents because what we have here is a flag tutorial that is not only majorly adorable for decorating sweet treats on the Fourth but really for any little party or wedding. Whether you stake these puppies in a cupcake or have them gracing your signature cocktails, they are sure to brighten up their surroundings with a festive flair. So get those scrap pieces of fabric ready because Event Styling by Shawna Marie and Helmutwalker Photography are about to school you in all things Fabric Flag and it’s easy peasy goodness.
Scrap pieces of fabric
Mod Podge (Matte Finish)
White or Silver Craft Wire
1. Cut about six inches of wire.
2. Cut the masking tape about the same length as the wire and lay the wire down onto the tape.
3. Tear another strip of tape the same length and cover the wire so that it is sandwiched between both pieces of tape.
4. Cut two pieces of fabric slightly larger than your pieces of tape.
5. Coat one side of the taped wire with Modge Podge. Lay one of your fabric pieces over the tape, and press down firmly so that the wire sticks to the fabric. Repeat the same process for the other side, and allow some time for it to dry.
6. Trim the edges of the fabric, making sure to cut straight. Cut a reverse arrowhead shape at the end to give the flag some personality.
7. Glue the straight end of the flag piece to the top of the dowel and curl the piece around it a few times to secure it. Glue with Modge Podge and let dry.
8. Create a pretty wave in your flag by bending it!
Adorable, right?!? Thank you sweet Shawna for sharing all your DIY goodness with us. Happy Fourth of July you all!