Happy Memorial Day everyone! We thought we’d take a break from our backyard BBQs to share this easy-as-pie DIY with you. This project is so simple that even the most craft-challenged people can feel like a DIY master! A big thanks to Victoria Hudgins for sharing these super cute dessert toppers with us. Grab your glue gun and let’s get started!
1. Cut your fabric to size for each bow tie cut one 6 inch by 3 inch piece plus another 1 inch by 1 inch piece. You don’t need to worry about the rough fabric edges, they will all be turned under.
2. Turn your fabric so the backside is facing you and fold up the bottom long end and fold down the top long end to meet in the middle.
3. Fold each short end into the half way point, joining them together in the middle and leaving you with the back of a basic bow tie.
4. Hot glue this portion down and together with one small dab in the middle backside of the fabric.
5. Using your fingers scrunch down the backside oft he bow tie creating small pleats. Use a few dabs of glue to secure these pleats and hold into place until the glue dries (about 30 seconds).
6. Take your small piece of fabric and fold it into thirds. Wrap it around the middle of your bow tie and secure on the backside with a small dab of glue. This little piece should effectively hide all your previous glue dots and will complete the front of your tie nicely.
7. Using one more dots of glue attach a toothpick or small dowel to the back side of your bow tie.
8. Stick into your dessert of choice and enjoy!