For all of you out there that are getting ready to have all of your besties over to celebrate the 4th, we have JUST the project for you. But the best part? This project can be totally adapted to fit ANY celebration...including a wedding, of course! Just change up the ribbon colors and voila. Designed by our favorite DIY contributors Elizabeth and Karrie of Posh Paperie and photographer Jackie Wonders, this adorable little idea is so. much. fun!
Here's what you need to get started...
ribbons, multiple colors & patterns
cake sticks from the grocery store (or swizzle sticks...straws...etc.)
And here's the SO easy Step-by-Step! Remember, change up the ribbon colors and prints for a totally different look!
1. choose one of the ribbons and form a loop
2. creating a "slip knot" around the white stick, secure the ribbon into a flag
3. pull ribbon tightly through to create a "knot"
4. choose a second ribbon and repeat steps 1 - 3
5. trim excess ribbon to form a stylized flag
6. use as many different patterned and colored ribbons to create darling flags for appetizers, drinks, desserts & more!
Easy as apple pie! Take a peak at how stinking cute these are placed inside your favorite dessert. LOVE.
A HUGE thank you to Elizabeth & Karrie of Posh Paperie for all of the cuteness and to Jackie Wonders, the always fabulous photographer who snapped the super cute pics. Hope y'all got to enjoy those yummy desserts when you were finished!