If you’re a Mom, you know how truly busy life can be — and pretty much just is – every day. Luckily, you’ve got something in your back pocket that can make daily tasks a whole lot easier to manage: the latest and greatest technology from Verizon! And to compliment your trusty phone, download one (or all) of these apps to make life as a multitasking Mom that much easier, or send to friends this Mother’s Day to spread the love!
Mother’s Day is nearly upon us and while we love searching for the perfect gift or crafting a brunch for our favorite moms, we thought it would be fun to dive a little deeper and talk shop with a Mother who knows her stuff. Monika Hibbs is not only a wildly talented designer but she has now added badass mama bear to her resume and she has 20 reasons why it’s the coolest thing on the planet. Have a look at her collaboration with her favorite little guy and Landeau all shot by Jamie Lauren Photography.
20 Reasons Why Being a Mom Rocks
1. Cuddles, snuggles and kisses all day long.
2. Seeing life through Liam’s eyes.
3. The unconditional love that’s so natural towards him. An instant love.
4. Being there when they first reach each milestones. My favorite was when Liam started walking, I was so giddy and proud.
5. How everything is soooo exciting for them. Like seeing a digger on the side of the road 10+ times a day.
6. Watching my husband become a father and creating their bond. Made me fall more in love with him too.
7. The times when they just want you. Melts my heart.
8. When I go away for a little while, and how excited he is to see me when I get home!
9. Sharing your own childhood traditions.
10. Re-living the complete joy of each Holiday. This past Christmas and Easter were so fun!
11. Hearing Mommy & Daddy for the first time, and a 1000 times after that.
12. Giving the definition of Joy a whole new meaning.
13. Dressing Liam has defiantly been so much fun! I love matching him with my husband, not only do they look cute but Liam’s so proud.
14. Putting him to bed. Not because the day is done, but it’s so sweet how Liam loves his story time and being tucked in.
15. Watching them sleep.
16. Me time, really becomes “me time”. It really is different now that I’m a mom.
17. Being excited about the next steps and the future ahead for our family.
18. Watching Liam discover, has been one of my favourite things. New animals are daily highlight.
19. Mommy + Liam dates. When we went for our first hot chocolate/ coffee date, I was a mess. I had to hold back the tears. Hew as two, but it was seriously the sweetest. And on that note, he didn’t like the hot chocolate.
20. Simply being able to be called “Mommy” has been surreal. I am beyond thankful for that gift.
From Monika… Since I’ve become a mom I have a whole new appreciation for literally everything around me. I naturally reevaluated life and what is important. Becoming a mom has defiantly grounded me and surprisingly made me very calm.
Photography: Jamie Lauren Photography | Styling : Monika Hibbs | Makeup : Eva Terez Beauty | Floral : Landeau | Jewelled Flats: ASOS | Lace Shoulder Dress: ASOS | Liam's Denim Cutoffs: Gap | Liam's Shirt: Zara | Maxi Dress: ASOS | Monogram Necklace: Yonca Design | Tassel Necklace: Bauble Bar
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you’ve probably been been checking out some of our special tips for planning the ultimate Mother’s Day brunch or daytime excursion, but what about getting Mom something super useful to help her powerhouse through her day like the pro she is? Take a peak at the slideshow below, and find a gift for Mom that’s just as reliable and beautiful as she is.
This modern fiesta not only blows any Cinco de Mayo party I’ve ever been to straight out of the water but would be pretty amazing any day of the year. It’s lunch and tequila tasting crafted by Modern Dame, along with bougainvillea and cactus pairings by MTF Studio and lots of pretty imagery by Steve Steinhardt. Have a look at just how to pull off the ultimate Cinco de Mayo fiesta; churros included.
Growing up in LA, I have been surrounded by Mexican cuisine and culture and I knew if I ever had to plan a fun party it will definitely be a Mexican inspired affair. With Cinco de Mayo this month, I made it an excuse to host a Modern Mexican inspired luncheon at the stunning Hudson Loft located in downtown LA. Hudson Loft, is one of my dream venues. Right as you enter the space, you are greeted with beautiful brick walls, huge open space and wide windows everywhere showing a view of downtown LA. It just takes your breath away!
I knew when planning this party, decor and food had to be on point! So, I reached out to my favorite vendor, MTF Design and Haute Chef. Brooke, owner and co-founder of MTF Design created the most beautiful floral arrangements and charming stationery on kraft paper. Beautiful lush vibrant colored arrangements in distressed gold and ivory vases displayed an opulent and festive presentation to the table display. One of my favorite details were the adorable mini potted succulents, cactus and aloe vera that added an organic and Spanish feel to each table. The dining table and chairs were rented from Found Rentals that coordinated perfectly with the overall design scheme. Along with Brooke’s arrangements of bougainvillea, pink peonies, garden roses, red berries and accents of opium poppy and greens were gold accented votives and faceted lanterns that looked effortless and whimsical. Hanging over the tables were handmade Papel Picado which made the room festive and coordinated Papel Picado motif menus were placed on each place setting. Brooke also designed the invitations which was lined with bougainvillea and wrapped in beautiful silk fuchsia colored ribbons.
When it comes to creative yet delicious food, I love working with the amazing Haute Chef. Celebrity chef, Jeff Nimer created an authentic Mexican cuisine with a fresh twist. Passed hors d’oeuvres included mini pulled chicken tacos, fried purple cauliflower bites, and mini ceviche cups. The stationed lunch featured mint and cilantro green rice, wood fired deliciously fresh farmers market vegetables, Mexican kale caesar salad, Oaxacan style black beans, and grilled shrimp with pesto. To end, we feasted on rice pudding and churros which was enjoyed while lounging at the mid-century modern furnitures from Yeah Rentals. It truly goes without saying that everything looked and tasted delicious!
I also set up a fun little bar area heaped with a mixture of three different tequilas for tasting — Herradura, Don Julio, and Ocho Reposado. I also provided two types of salt and lime for the all of the party-goers and taste-testers. Hands down, Don Julio continues to be my favorite!
Needless to say, this was one beautiful fiesta luncheon that was a lot of fun to plan and design!
Photography: Steve Steinhardt | Floral Design: MTF Studio | Stationery: MTF Studio | Caterer: Haute Chef | Venue: Hudson Loft | Dining Rentals: Found Rentals | Flatware: Anthropologie | Host & Event Designer: Modern Dame | Loft: Hudson Loft | Lounge Rentals: Yeah Rentals | Papel Picado: Modern Dame | Tabletop: West Elm | Tequila Station: Crate and Barrel
No matter your interior decor style or taste, I can guarantee that you’ll find a piece of piece of clear furniture you’ll love. Why? Because it’s clear, it’ll go with everything. Here, we rounded up some of our favorite pieces of clear furniture for you to peruse, and threw in a few accent pieces for good measure. Click through the slideshow below to shop and get inspired!