Now that the weather’s warming up, I find myself no longer craving the rich comfort foods I did during the winter (here’s looking at you, mac ‘n’ cheese!), and am instead starting to reach for more — gasp! — fresh, raw vegetables. If you’re looking for a little spring veggie inspiration too, look no further: we’ve got 11 spring salads to get your eating habits for the new season off the a fresh start!
There are a million reasons why this Lemon Tart needs to be front and center at your next shindig and here’s a few. A) It’s gorgeous and B) It sounds insanely yummy. Did we also mention that it’s gorgeous? That is high up on our priorities list when picking a party dessert. Crafted by Zen Eats along with photography by Carrie King, this little lemon, lavender and blackberry infused gem is a must make.
4 Hour/s 45 Minute/s
4 Hour/s 55 Minute/s
- For Crust:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- For Tart Filling:
- 2 cans coconut milk (30 ounces)
- 4 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- For crust, blend ingredients well in food processor until dates are well chopped and ingredients mixed
- Line 8×8 springform pan with parchment paper
- Smooth mixture on bottom of pan to form crust
- Bake on middle rack 10 minutes until light golden color
- Remove and let cool completely
- For tart filling, blend all ingredients
- Warm in saucepan on stove on medium-low
- Stirring frequently, heat until gelatin is completely dissolved
- Oil inside of springform with coconut oil
- Pour gelatin mixture on top of crust
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until tart is set
- Gently run knife or toothpick around inside of pan to release tart
- Remove springform, garnish with lemon zest, lavender and blackberries
- Serve immediately
If you’re a Mom, you know how truly busy life can be — and pretty much just is – every day. Luckily, you’ve got something in your back pocket that can make daily tasks a whole lot easier to manage: the latest and greatest technology from Verizon! And to compliment your trusty phone, download one (or all) of these apps to make life as a multitasking Mom that much easier, or send to friends this Mother’s Day to spread the love!
Mother’s Day is nearly upon us and while we love searching for the perfect gift or crafting a brunch for our favorite moms, we thought it would be fun to dive a little deeper and talk shop with a Mother who knows her stuff. Monika Hibbs is not only a wildly talented designer but she has now added badass mama bear to her resume and she has 20 reasons why it’s the coolest thing on the planet. Have a look at her collaboration with her favorite little guy and Landeau all shot by Jamie Lauren Photography.
20 Reasons Why Being a Mom Rocks
1. Cuddles, snuggles and kisses all day long.
2. Seeing life through Liam’s eyes.
3. The unconditional love that’s so natural towards him. An instant love.
4. Being there when they first reach each milestones. My favorite was when Liam started walking, I was so giddy and proud.
5. How everything is soooo exciting for them. Like seeing a digger on the side of the road 10+ times a day.
6. Watching my husband become a father and creating their bond. Made me fall more in love with him too.
7. The times when they just want you. Melts my heart.
8. When I go away for a little while, and how excited he is to see me when I get home!
9. Sharing your own childhood traditions.
10. Re-living the complete joy of each Holiday. This past Christmas and Easter were so fun!
11. Hearing Mommy & Daddy for the first time, and a 1000 times after that.
12. Giving the definition of Joy a whole new meaning.
13. Dressing Liam has defiantly been so much fun! I love matching him with my husband, not only do they look cute but Liam’s so proud.
14. Putting him to bed. Not because the day is done, but it’s so sweet how Liam loves his story time and being tucked in.
15. Watching them sleep.
16. Me time, really becomes “me time”. It really is different now that I’m a mom.
17. Being excited about the next steps and the future ahead for our family.
18. Watching Liam discover, has been one of my favourite things. New animals are daily highlight.
19. Mommy + Liam dates. When we went for our first hot chocolate/ coffee date, I was a mess. I had to hold back the tears. Hew as two, but it was seriously the sweetest. And on that note, he didn’t like the hot chocolate.
20. Simply being able to be called “Mommy” has been surreal. I am beyond thankful for that gift.
From Monika… Since I’ve become a mom I have a whole new appreciation for literally everything around me. I naturally reevaluated life and what is important. Becoming a mom has defiantly grounded me and surprisingly made me very calm.
Styling : Monika Hibbs | Makeup : Eva Terez Beauty | Floral : Landeau | Jewelled Flats: ASOS | Lace Shoulder Dress: ASOS | Liam's Denim Cutoffs: Gap | Liam's Shirt: Zara | Maxi Dress: ASOS | Monogram Necklace: Yonca Design | Tassel Necklace: Bauble Bar
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you’ve probably been been checking out some of our special tips for planning the ultimate Mother’s Day brunch or daytime excursion, but what about getting Mom something super useful to help her powerhouse through her day like the pro she is? Take a peak at the slideshow below, and find a gift for Mom that’s just as reliable and beautiful as she is.