In my opinion, there’s no locale more quintessential of sunshine than Miami. And what more could you ask for in a destination wedding? This adorable Bride & Groom knew they wanted exactly that; a radiant, glowing day. And with the amazing help of Kitanim, planning a soiree from afar was a piece of cake. Have a look right here for every lovely detail from Heather Funk Photography and keep reading for Kitanim’s fabulous tips for planning a destination wedding in this sunny locale!
From Kitanim… Meryl & Brad are a fabulous couple who looked to Miami Beach as their destination wedding location. They love the Miami sun and the South Beach experience. Meryl & Brad were very lucky to have a perfect weather wedding weekend at The Raleigh Hotel. Their long rectangular wedding reception tables were graced with a multitude of white and green florals and lots of candles to add a romantic ambience. The bride and groom exchanged their vows under the traditional Jewish wedding chuppah in front of their friends and family who travelled from Philadelphia. Kitanim created a chuppah that would accent the beautiful Miami Beach scenery, mixing ivory and champagne textured fabrics for the couple.
The long distance planning component of Meryl & Brad’s destination wedding is becoming more and more common. Kitanim , who covered both the floral design as well as the event planning, relied heavily on technology to converse with the bride. Due to the bride and groom’s work schedules, they were unable to fly back to Miami for a floral sample meeting. No problem! Kitanim conducted a sample meeting via Facetime whereby Meryl and her parents got to approve all of the floral designs for the wedding. We also took a lot of pictures and emailed and texted in order to communicate clearly and efficiently.
Tips for planning a Miami destination wedding:
- Choose vendors who you trust and who are able to communicate clearly so the “distance” doesn’t affect your planning process.
- Splurge for a local day of coordinator to help you and your family enjoy your special day. Meryl & Brad opted for a Kitanim day of coordinator to make their experience calmer and simpler.
- Have a clearly delineated rain plan, but hope for sunshine. It’s Miami!
- Utilize the hotel for all of its amenities—if the hotel can accommodate your guests’ stay needs, your rehearsal dinner and your after party, book all three!
- Allow for travel time. Plan to arrive a few days before your wedding and to stay a few days after so as to not feel rushed.
- Ask the locals: use your local vendors as a resource for a list of the best Miami restaurants to visit and Miami must-do’s.
Photography: Heather Funk Photography | Event Planning: Kitanim | Floral Design: Kitanim | Wedding Dress: Lovely Bride | Wedding Cake: Sugar Fancies | DJ: L & R Entertainment | Hotel: The Raleigh Hotel | Linen: Contempo Linens | Vendor: The Bride's Aunt & Grandmother