When a tray of deliciously pink drinks is being passed around at cocktail hour, you don’t have to ask me twice! Signature cocktails win me over every time. Most notably, at summer weddings when the urge to sip on something is bit more heightened. With summer practically here, we’re kicking things off with this tasty treat from our friends at Paula LeDuc Fine Catering. Keep reading for the recipe!
|cook time||total time|
- 1½ ounces Hangar One vodka
- 3 ounces watermelon-strawberry juice*
- ½ ounce basil-ginger syrup*
- ¼ ounce lime juice
- *For the watermelon-strawberry juice, blend equal amounts (by weight) of watermelon and strawberries. Strain the juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher or large measuring cup and refrigerate until needed.
- *For the Basil-Ginger Simple Syrup, you'll need 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 two-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, Handful of fresh basil.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the ginger and basil, and immediately remove from heat, allowing it to steep until cool. Strain the syrup into a jar through a fine-mesh strainer and refrigerate. Yields approximately one cup of syrup, and will keep refrigerated for two to three weeks.
- Add all ingredients to an ice filled shaker glass.
- Shake and strain over fresh ice in a festive glass.
- Garnish with a specialty straw and serve!