Leave it to a pair of architects to plan the most visually appealing wedding I think I’ve ever laid eyes on. The juxtaposition of the 1920s venue and the modern decor, all captured brilliantly by Q Weddings, has quickened my pulse to a level I reserve only for the prettiest of all the pretty fetes!
From Q Weddings… Nisha and Pablo chose Laguna Gloria as it is architecturally unique in Austin. Formerly a private residence and now an art museum, Laguna Gloria is a Spanish Italianate villa built in the 1920s. The grounds are filled with gardens, oak trees and sculptures. It’s beautiful in March, making for an elegant garden party, with guests dining al fresco.
The overall effect of the decor was clean, simple, sophisticated:
– Since Nisha and Pablo are both architects, they wanted to balance the classic 1920s building with a modern aesthetic.
– The table centerpieces and cocktail hour florals were succulents in vases made of gray concrete, dipped in paint in the color of Yves Klein blue.
– The table linens were cinder gray linen.
– The table numbers were the colorful NYC subway symbols for the various subway lines that are special to Nisha and Pablo.
– The invitations were letterpressed in a charcoal gray, with a playful typography style.
Items of significance:
– Since it was Easter Sunday, eggs were hidden around the grounds and the many children in attendance had a blast scooping up the eggs and finding the treats inside.
– Guests of all cultural backgrounds honored Nisha’s Indian heritage by wearing saris and having their hands henna’d the day before at the mehndi.
– A Spanish guitarist and stand-up bass played before the ceremony and during cocktail hour. The ceremony floral arrangements were more succulents, but this time in tall, traditional vases, surrounded by blooming bougainvillas. During the processional, all of the children were honored by being asked to walk down the aisle before the bride and her father.
– Nisha and Pablo’s grand exit was in a yellow cab, as a nod to New York City where they live.
Photography: Q Weddings | Florist: unexpected elements | Wedding Gown: lanvin | Caterer: Primizie Special Event Catering | DJ: Kit Ktterman Of Austin Professional Music | Venue: The Contemporary Austin | Coordinator & Event Designer: Brock + Co. Events | Henna Artist: Anju Garg Of Mehndi Time