I just can’t get the romantic, lakeside wedding inspiration from yesterday out of my head! The soft, romantic palette, the perfect blend of vintage and modern and the organically elegant flowers have planted themselves in my wedding-loving heart and have no plans on evacuating any time soon. So I thought I’d put together a little buying guide to get you started on creating your own heart-stealing event. I would love to see a real wedding inspired but all the lovliness that Melissa Hayes Photography, Naturally Yours Events and Pollen put together, wouldn’t you?
1. One of my favorite elements from the photo shoot are the gorgeous dresses with soft, flowing fabric and classic lines. Ivy & Aster carries my ultimate dream dress – the Sweet Pea – that would definitely be my do-over gown if I could have one.
2. Succulents are such an easy, fun way to add some sustainably chic style to your floral arrangements and decor. I love how perfectly the silvery, purple hue of these matches the romantic theme.
3. We absolutely adored the lovely paper goods that Tweedle Press designed for the shoot! These invitations by splendid press are reminiscent of the swirly scroll and also incorporate a little bit of the lace detail which we love!
4. Crates are huge right now not only in weddings but home decor as well (I may have a small collection growing) and every time I go to the flea market I see them everywhere. They aren’t always cheap though so you have to be a real bargain hunter or wheeler and dealer to get them at a fair price. Of course, Etsy has a great selection of all different style and sizes too!
5. Of course, to really capture the classic romanticism of this shoot you need lace, lace and more lace! Drape it over everything – crates, tables, chairs and even wrap it around the napkins for a sweet little touch!
6. I love using glass cloches or bell jars in design. They can instantly turn the look of a normal looking table set up into one with a modern, vintage, steam punk or industrial vibe. These are becoming more and more popular too and you can find them at almost any decor store like World Market or Save-on-crafts.
7. The antique keys add a little secret garden element to the design, no? I think they are so sweet and perfect for the escort cards!
8. Vintage plates are definitely a must! There are many vintage table decor rental companies popping up and Classic Party Rentals even has a line of vintage-inspired dishware if you don’t feel like scouring the thrift store for your own.
9. The hanging vases over the table add an element of modern whimsy to the inspiration shoot and I adore them. CB2 carries these that are perfect to use as vases or candle holders and are oh-so easy on the budget!
10. Not that the stunning Ivy & Aster gown needs any help in the gorgeous department but if you wanted to add a little chic accessory to the already divine dress then a simple belt like this lacy beauty by Little White Dresser will do just the trick.