I am thoroughly impressed with this next couple. The creativity they have between them is outstanding and the amount of projects they made for their adorable, al fresco wedding is quite admirable. I’m talking about hand-sewn programs and invitations, paper lanterns, and garlands galore. Their hard work definitely paid off because the result is a magical fairy tale full of color and lots of love! Twin Hearts Photography perfectly captured all the details with a whimsical vibe that adds to the feeling of wonderment. Click here to see it all!
Twin Hearts Photography even put together an incredible film that you won’t want to miss!
From the bride… Our wedding was mostly a DIY type of wedding with LOTS of personal touches and sewing. Justin and I wanted something magical with a whimsical feel, and it was better than we had even imagined. All the hard work everyone put into this wedding paid off once we saw it all come together to create the perfect, enchanted wedding we dreamed of. Our outdoor wedding took place in the magical gardens of Cator Woolford Gardens in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia. I think it is the best kept secret in the city! It is an outdoor garden filled with beautiful landscaping and set an amazing backdrop for our big day. One thing that made it special to us was that they take 80% of the proceeds and put it towards the Frazier Center, which is a school for children and adults with disabilities. This was very near and dear to our hearts since I have a sister with disabilities. The other 20% goes to maintaining the gardens throughout the year.
We had a pre-ceremony cocktail hour with signature cocktails, and we made tons of flower stirrers out of tissue paper and floral tape for everyone’s drinks. I wanted the day to have a romantic and charming feel along with a very whimsical theme … almost fairy tale-like. I had some help from my friends at Bold American with the florals and the backdrop for the ceremony, which was so creative! We chose 4 different colors which blended so well together- heather gray, coral, Tiffany blue and a pear green. How I came up with these colors, I have no idea! I just could not decide — so I decided to use them all.
With help from my amazing and creative mom and mother-in-law, we made from the flowers in the bridesmaid’s hair to the cone-shaped lights over the candy table — and everything in between (even my hubby’s wedding present — 52 reasons why I love you on a deck of cards). We had the best time making all the things for the wedding, and most of all, watching people’s reaction to the details. It really was the best day of our lives… Of course none of this could have been done without the help of my family and Daria, our wedding planner. Daria and her assistant put together everything and kept it all in order. They also put together the beautiful candy table! I also ordered a few things from Etsy, such as the table numbers, but just added my personal touch to them by sewing on the fabric numbers. I also ordered a fabulous wooden keepsake box and had it painted and our names engraved on it. A sewing machine, fabric, ribbon, candle lit staircase, mossy branches, orchids, and great company all came together to make our special day so magical! I had a vision before we even started planning that I wanted everything to be very personal. We used one type of fabric and sewed — yes, I said SEWED — the invites, programs, seating cards, candle covers, and used tons of ribbon! I tried to incorporate the fabric we used for the invites into everything we made for the wedding. It all came out beautifully!
Wedding Photography + Cinematography: Twin Hearts Photography / Wedding Venue: Cator Woolford Gardens in Atlanta, Georgia / Flowers + Event Design: Bold American Events / Event Planning + Candy Table: Daria MacGregor of Circle of Love Weddings / Wedding Invitations: DIY + Bumblebee Press / Wedding Dress: Maggie Sottero / Shoes: MIA / Wedding Cake: Mark Lotti of Classic Cheesecakes & Cakes / Catering: Endive Catering / Bridesmaids’ Hair Flowers, Candy Table Lights, Invitations, Programs, Seating Cards + Candle Covers: DIY